Thursday, October 23, 2008

World's Smallest House


Jay Shafer says that he has created and lived in the worlds smallest house. Since 1997 he has been living in a house smaller than some people’s closets. I call the first of my little hand built houses Tumbleweed.

My decision to inhabit just 89 square feet arose from some concerns I had about the impact a larger house would have on the environment, and because I do not want to maintain a lot of unused or unusable space. My houses have met all of my domestic needs without demanding much in return. The simple, slower lifestyle my homes have afforded is a luxury for which I am continually grateful.



No comments:

Pics Tat Stumble acknowledges that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything posted. Postings may contain fact, speculation or rumor. We find images from the Web that are believed to belong in the public domain. If any stories or images that appear on the site are in violation of copyright law, please email us and we will remove the offending information as soon as possible.